“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
~ John Quincy Adams
Day two of my cleanse complete. Physically, I feel fine, definitely feeling a sense of healthiness. My hunger has balanced out and in just one short week I have developed a habit of eating. My mental state? Clearer, oddly clearer, calmer, more focused (despite my life TRYING to take me in many different directions). Depression still trickles in, but not nearly to the level that it was which was all consuming.
I find myself sharing what I'm doing with everyone. It's fascinating to me; once you find something that truly helps you you have a genuine desire, almost a need, to share it with others and you can't share it fast enough.
I'm pretty certain I was born a leader. Call it my ADHD, hyperactivity, the inability to shut up nor calm down. I've always struggled with focusing and following the rules; therefore I created some of my own, debunked the ones I didn't think made sense (to the tune of umpteen visits to the principal's office during my school years), but never seemed to lack passion for the things I believed in nor the drive to learn as much as I could as fast as possible (leading, at the very least, to an academic scholarship to college). I don't think people CHOOSE to lead; it's a personality trait more than anything. I know there are lots of "leadership" seminars, courses and books, but I don't think I could "lead" people if I tried... I've just always had passion for certain things and I believe that passion is the magnet that creates the pied pipers in this world.
I have plenty of people I admire, follow, am instinctively drawn to and therefore, it makes sense, that others have the same experience with other individuals.
I am not exceptionally wise nor profound, but I have opinions, strong ones. I have beliefs, sometimes staunch ones. I have passion, that is something that no situation nor individual has ever been able to stifle within me. My husband just said to me today "You may not always say the kindest things, but I have to give you this, you're honest." That's all I expect in return from the world; if you inspire me, that's a HUGE bonus.
I am thrilled to say I have met more people in the past week that have truly become my inspirations. I am beginning, more and more, to pay attention. I want to know people's stories; I want to hear their wisdom, their opinions, their thought processes. Kinda hard to believe for a non-medicated ADHD chick huh?
I wrote these "rules" after my divorce with my children's father. During that difficult time I felt it important for all of us to have rules to live by, something to strive for. I find that I have lost my way in following these rules, although I still repeat them often to my children, my goal is to remind myself of them, along with my affirmations, daily.
House Rules:
- Dream BIG,
- Fight when you know you're right,
- Say "I'm Sorry" when you're wrong,
- Read often, Laugh daily,
- Homework first, Chores second and make time for play,
- DO before you feel
“A good leader inspires people to have confidence in the leader, a great leader inspires people to have confidence in themselves”
~author unknown

The similarities between us are downright spooky. We are of one mind and one spirit. I am very glad to be so and honored to be your friend.
ReplyDeleteYou're ADHD, too??? You're like my sister from another mister, or something. Except I'm a li'l rolly-polly around this middle and you're.....not. LOL ;)
ReplyDeleteI like your daily rules. Especially the banner across the top that says "It's not too late to live happily ever after". Somewhere in the past year I got into a REALLY BAD habit of saying that I don't live happy endings, I just write them. Reading this reminded me of how dangerous it is to put that kind of thought out into the universe. So thanks for that! :)