1. Make peace with your past so it doesn't spoil your present.
2. What others think of you is none your business.
3. Time heals almost everything; give time some time.
4. No one is the reason of your happiness except you yourself.
5. Don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
6. Stop thinking too much. It's alright not to know all the answers.
7. Smile, you don't own all the problems in the world.
Check, check, check, debatably checked, check, ermmm uhhh.... and check. Clearly I struggle with number six. When I'm upset or don't know something I really can only cope with gaining knowledge. I still wonder what I did before Google. Oh that's right, Barnes & Noble and the public library but those weren't open at midnight...Google just indulges me faster in my quest for knowledge and I have grown to depend on the instant gratification of Wikipedia. Referring back to my previous blog, I have to wonder if knowledge brings me comfort because of the reward, accolades and attention it brought me from my parents...? Some people eat a quart of ice cream, some people binge drink, some have comfort foods, I read. Forever the nerd, I guess.I don't stop at one source when I'm searching for knowledge. I swear if I went back to college, by now I'd have at least a masters if not a doctorate for all the reading I do. The key to learning though is to be able to consume, regurgitate and believe the words you read.
"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." - unknown
Through my recent reading I find myself struggling with decisions that I make, mostly the decisions that affect my children. Decisions that have already been made, decisions that need to be made and the consequences of whichever path I choose. Indecision is in and of itself a decision as well...so I make baby steps and pull out new colors, one by one to add to the palette while painting this new picture. My rainbow may not be very colorful yet but that's only because it's still raining.I knew that allowing myself to be swept off my feet would lead to an ultimate point of decision. I made decisions that I don't regret, nor will I ever. I have been shown proof of colors I didn't believe existed. But to be swept away can either lead to the dust pan or an incredible ride on a magic carpet. That magic carpet must land eventually as life cannot be lived as a fantasy. What makes the colors of the rainbow so beautiful is that they all blend together perfectly.

Fairytales and magic carpet rides might come true for some, but they rarely make sequels to love stories. If a story has a happy ending, isn't that still an ending? Even rainbows have an end.
"Sometimes you've got to take a big step back to see the full picture." -unknown
I'm still feelin' the rain fall and bouncin' off my skin
How long do I have to wait for the sun to shine again?
I'm gonna stop in the middle, Hang my feet off the edge
I got no reason to worry, I know I'll find the end
That's where you'll be waiting, I hope you don't forget
That I won't quit til I find you, No matter the risk
Whoever you are, where will you be?
Are you the same old Dreamer out there waitin' only for me?
Waiting for love? Waiting for the same old dreamer on the other side?
Hoping that no matter how far I'm'onna find my way to you... Followin' a rainbow


No comments:
Post a Comment