Then face them head on. I will make a list but I won't do it here.
What I will do however is share that for the first time since I can recall I spent Christmas with my family guilt and anxiety free; I didn't even realize the previous years had been anxiety-ridden. Well okay, not nearly to the degree that I realized when I drove home from my parents' home after having spent the day with four generations in one home. It was pure and simple happiness and peace.
With recognition comes power; power to take control of your thoughts, your purpose and your goals. I have been working with a life coach recently as I have had a year that has been a bit out of my control and I seek to regain control of the direction of my path and get back on track with plans for my family.
I do not have any regrets as I say goodbye to 2014. I also do not have any resolutions as I enter 2015. What I do have, however, are some acknowledgements:
I want to acknowledge myself for the mother that I am.
I want to acknowledge myself for my integrity.
I want to acknowledge myself for my commitment. I'd also like to acknowledge that I have some pretty damn amazing friends.
Here's the lesson that I will take away from 2014 and enter a new year more content and happy than I think I've possibly ever been:
Did I do the best that I could with what I had to work with? Yes, yes I have.
I want to acknowledge myself that I have all the love I want and need right here and right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment